A Bright Clearing I AM.

There are worn-out circular paths around that bush. I can't help it... venturing off has always been my nature.

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Childhood Summers.

In the belly of my little river, your own river molded itself with mine... In the eternity of my scratched and breathless childhood.

Under that old tree, I stared at the tombs of the villagers who were once as young and inexhaustible as me. Weren't they the ancient teachers of my childhood games? I never saw their faces. I only met them through words etched and painted on marble and cheap molded concrete.

Some days I chanced upon these unlikely ancestors' birthdates. My child's mind conjured up rural parties of native rice cakes and sweet broths and rare gift-wrapped packages.

That numb ached. That lost path. I am meeting them again.

Rediscovering them.

Reconciling with them.

Thanking them.

(and) apologizing for the unknown crimes I may have dealt them.

My twenty-six-year-old legs are beginning to feel like their old six years again.

I am once again floating in that river with my own belly of a little river. Staring at that same sky I've always thought was just an outstretched hand away...

No comments: