A Bright Clearing I AM.

There are worn-out circular paths around that bush. I can't help it... venturing off has always been my nature.

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The "But-Or-Oh-He-or-She-Is-Dead" Man.

'tis a well-known fact in our group how our dad can always tell the most animated story of his childhood escapades, times in the seminary and growing-up blues. And of the colorful lives that crossed with his.

Once, when our dad saved up to see the Vienna Boys' Choir perform in our country, he said, "It was simply wonderful! I had a few friends with me. One of them even got to train with the Vienna Boys' Choir before, oh he's dead already, and he brought a big photo of him with the choir in front of the Palace. And he showed the photo to everyone he saw that night."

Another time he said, "We were very poor and my mom couldn't afford to send us to school so I went to the nun who ran our school, oh she's dead already, to tell her that I couldn't continue with my schooling. And she said no and got me a benefactor. I'm very thankful."

This beloved man, who has the widest heart in the world, tells us the most fascinating stories of the many good-hearted individuals who helped him along the way, oh but most of them are dead already, and speaks so "casually" of their passing.

I guess the point here is that it wasn't that their passing from this life was for naught but that they lived their lives passing good things to other people. That they somehow left this world a better place than when they first found it.:)

No comments: